Monday, August 10, 2009

G.I. Joe Rise Of Cobra Review

GO JOES!!! This movie kicked my ass, its as simple as that. I remember watching the G.I. Joe cartoon as a kid but i remember more vividly playing with the action figures and after a summer of dissappointing movies(ex.Transformers 2, X-Men Origins wolverine, And Year One), I needed a movie to enjoy and this was it, a adrenilined filled explosion of fun.The Acting all ranged from amazing to fair, I thought Sienna Miller as Baroness And Chatum Tatum were the weakest part of the cast, not that either was terrible they were just very bland, Marlon Wayans As Ripcord was suprisingly tolerable, Lee Byung-hun as Storm Shadow showed a good balance of honor and menace, Ray Park was Cool as Snake Eyes(even though it involved mostly action and little acting), and the highest acting point of the movie was Christopher Eccleston as Destro who was pitch perfect as the villanious mastermind behind most of the movies plot. The Plot was so-so, but compared to previous blockbusters this year it was a masterpiece. The action was great, very little filler moments with the exception of flashbacks, the fight scences were filmed well. Some problems i had were that some of the CGI they used looked downright awful and a couple one liners were groanworthy. I was not looking forward to this movie at all, everything i saw from trailers to preview pictures made me want to hate this movie, i dont know if because my expectations were so low that anything could be better than what i thought was coming. It reminded me of being a little kid sitting watching that GI Joe cartoon again, I didnt know if this movie would capture the spirit of GI Joe but it did and now I know....and knowing is half the battle(I apologize, I had to do that). 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment